Sunday, August 26, 2007

Sleep...Finally

Finally I got a full nights sleep last night - my first since I arrived here. I am not sure how I made it downtown and back yesterday on 3 hours sleep. I think I may take a bus to the oldtown today and walk around the market a bit. My ankle is bothering me toomuch to walk there today, it is about 2 miles each way. Once I get downtown it is not a problem it is basically flat around the riverfront area, but walking back to the housing up hill & then up the stairs is really killing my ankle. All the sidewalks slope down towards the street, most likly since cars park half on the sidewalk here. I am sure this is great for drainage when it rains, but it causes your feet to be on weird angles when you walk along them and I keep rolling my right ankle. I did snap some photos yesterday from the bridge when I was walking back home after checking out the cost of some prepaid cell phones.