Sunday, August 26, 2007

Nothing is Open


Well today is Sunday, and you guessed it nothing is open. Well there are a few tiny shops open, like the little florist & fruit stand was open, as are the restaurants. So i decided to take a walk today, I walked up a hill behind my house and around and ended up down towards downtown, at the top of the hill i was able to get a picture from between 2 of the houses of some rooftops on this side of town, it just looked so pretty and colorful.
When I reached downtown, of course nothing but the florist/fruit stand was open so I decided to buy an apple and sit down in the park
along the Neckar and enjoy it. Then on the way back I smelled the Chinese Restaurant which was just opening it's doors for lunch so I decided to grab some take out for later, and I hate to say it but the guy here, in the middle of Germany, spoke English better then the guys running the Chinese restaurant back in the States!!! The food was pretty good too, except they put take out soup, in the same tin tray with cardboard cover containers as the regular food, and it leaked all over the inside of the bag, I wonder if he would be upset if next time I bring my own container for the soup?
Oh and if you are interested in seeing a little of what I see, or where I go, I have begun to map places I have found or places I would like to visit on a Google Map. I have also measured some distances on there and according to the distance tool Google provides I am exactly 3964.63 miles from my house at home when I am in my dorm here, not that it really matters. What does matter to me right now is that I am 1.11 miles from my school across town. This unfortunately does not take into account the hills that need to be climbed to reach the building at either end.