Sunday, September 2, 2007

New people


Yesterday all of the boys on our floor left, and today the new people began to arrive. Starting about 5am. I stayed around the dorm most of the day then went for a walk in the afternoon with one ofthe other new students. We walked further then I had before, so after walking the 2 miles almost to the nearside of the old bidge last night for the Castle illumination, today we walked down the far side and onto the old bridge. We followed the Hauptstrasse down to Marktplatz. A few of the stores were open and we wandered through them, including this great retro record store. I am not sure I expected to find a huge store selling records in the middle of town, but I was a bit more shocked when inside I found The Red Hot Chili Peppers classified under the genre of Indie Rock.

3:30pm Once we got down to Marktplatz we found a nice little italian restaurant where w stopped for lunch/dinner before heading back to Bismarckplatz to catch the trolley home. Unfortunatly after waiting several minutes the trolley was no where in sight and still another 15 minutes away, so we decided to walk across te bridge and up to the next stop, by he time we made it there the trolley was close behind.

8:30pm By now my feet are killing me, but we got some more new people so I took time and tried to meet everyone, played a little pingpong in the basement and decided to set a time to meet in the morning to all head to classes together.

11:00pm after just sitting int he kitchen and chatting for a while getting to know all the new people, and taking a shower to avoid the early morning rush it is time for bed, but not for long. Just as I am closing my door for the night a new girl coms running up to ask where her room is and how she gets the keys. Her room is right next to mine, so I check her papers and it says she needs to go upstairs to get the keys so I ventured up for the first time to help her retrieve her keys.

11:15pm all settled in and ready for bed, and there is a knock at the door, the newest girl needs help because she des not have a power converter to turn on her computer and her internet will not connect. One of my adapters is able to work on her plug and after a few minutes her internet finally kicks in and starts working, it was just a bit slow to get going. So, with everything settled it is off to bed again...

11:30pm ...another knock on the door, this one good news. My friend who had been virtually homeless while looking for an apartment, finally found a place. It is at the far side of town but she bought a bicycle already so she will not have a problem, other then moving her stuff over to her new place. And now, it is finally time for bed, and instead I am sitting here typing because now, after all the interruptions, I cannot fall aleep. 7am comes very early so I guess I should shut down the computer and hope for a few hours sleep.