Saturday, September 22, 2007

I Saw The Gnome!!!

The illusive Gnome was in my sights today as I wandered along the Philosophenweg (Philosopher’s Walk), a path carved high above Heidelberg & the Neckar River through the mountain, I caught a brief glimpse of him as his friends playing behind a fence hidden in some trees above the path. I managed to snap a few quick photos before they quickly disappeared into the forest.

I also took several pictures of the city and castle from this spectacular height. Unfortunately there was a haze over the city today and the hot sun made many of the shots nearly impossible to see. I will try again next week to see if I can get some better photographs of the Castle and City. I am thinking I will try the walk in the evening rather then midday to hopefully cut down on the brightness of the sun, and allow me to take some photographs that will show how amazing the view is from this path. Honestly however I do not think any photograph will ever do justice to the beauty of this path. After today’s walk I can fully understand why this would be a favorite place for scholars to frequent.