Saturday, November 17, 2007

last night

So, last night after we arrived and checked into the hostel we took a brief nap and then headed out to check out the beach. Enis had fun running on the beach, while I preferred not to get sand in my shoes and stayed on the pavement. The beach appeared to have been manmade with a gravelly coarse sand mixed with shells and other foreign substances. It was nice but chilly to be on the beach. After walking around Badalonia for a while looking for a place to eat, and finding everything closed, we decided to take the subway into Barcelona. We ended up eating at a chain style pita place that served schwarmas & pitas. The food was fast, cheap & greasy. Enis loved it, I was not thoroughly impressed. Then after walking and taking some more pictures at night we headed back to the hostel. After meeting a couple of American girls who are on vacation from their jobs in Paris in the TV room and joining them for an episode of “tool time” in English I headed off to bed, for a long night of no sleep and lots of coughing.

PS – I think I have bronchitis