Monday, July 4, 2005

Bernkastel


This morning we woke up in bernkastel. we will spend about 2 hours here in town, many of the shops are just opening up when we arrive, and i spy on a side street a little shop I really want to shop in (he we would call it a new-age or hippie shop), but it is still closed. So i walked further into town and recognized a shop called SPAR with red writing & a green pinetree in a circle as a symbol, i recognized this name as a grocery store chain that I shopped at in south africa, so i walked around and waited for it to open. While waiting my mom and I decided to check out the bakery across the way, and i purchased a few small rolls then headed over the grocery store which was now open, so i could pick up a few water bottles. It did not take long after coming out of the store for other people from the cruise to approach me and ask where i got the bottles from, so i pointed out the store and headed back over to that first little shop i had spotted, and finally it was open. Since the cruise only allowed 1 cary on and 1 bag, i had to pack carefully and i did not get to pack any kind of tote bag or backpack that i could carry around, and this shop had the cutest messanger bag in the window i had to have!! for any of you who know me you may have seen me carrying it (it's black with purple buddah eyes on it) i also picked up some gifts for friends from this great little shop. so with my shopping done i headed back aboard the ship to take some photos from the deck before we head out to our next destination.